Preventing falls among elderly is a growing concern. Falls can lead to serious injuries, such as fractured hip or concussion. An elderly fall usually takes a longer period of time to recover.
Bed alarms for the elderly are helpful devices that can detect movements and sound an alarm to the caregiver if the user tries to get up from bed on their own and wander away from the room. This gives an early warning to the caregiver that the elderly needs assistance and helps to prevent the elderly from unnecessary fall.
Bed alarms also provide assurance to caregivers that the elderly in their care are safe in bed while they are busy with other house work in another area of the house.
Using a wireless pager and an alarm monitoring system, it gives the caregiver some freedom and rest.
Smart Caregiver Cordless Floor Mat – your solution to elderly fall prevention
Product: Smart Caregiver Cordless Floor Mat
Retail Price: US S184.95
Cheapest Place To Buy: Amazon.com (Free Shipping)
Size of Floor Mat: 24” by 48”
Warranty: 1 year
- Cordfree 24″ x 48″ floor mat means there is no alarm noise in patient’s room.
- When floor mat is stepped on, the signal is sent up to 100 feet to alarm monitor.
- Place the floor mat by the side of the bed or across a doorway so you will know when they are trying to get up or leave a room.
- Alarm features three volume levels and an on/off switch. Approximately 5″ tall and uses 3 ‘C’ batteries. You might wish to purchase an AC adapter for this alarm unit.
- Also now includes two Kerr Medical disposable, high absorbency bed protector pads!
The product is easy to setup. Users will be able to have the bed alarm setup and running within a short time of unpackaging it. It has about 100 feet radius, means you can take the alarm outside or upstairs.
One of the great benefits of this system is that it allows the caregiver to relax and sleep, knowing they won’t miss their patient trying to get up or go out!
The floor mat pad is comfortable enough that the patient has no idea that they are stepping on a sensor pad and being monitored. The alarm goes off on a transceiver with a caregiver, so it does not startle the patient who stepped on the mat. The floor mat is also easy to clean.
The product’s features, ease-of-use and high user ratings make it likely the best wireless floor mat alarm on the market today.
Please feel free to comment below if you have any thoughts to share on elderly fall prevention.