Why Is Sleep So Important?
Sleep plays an important role in our physical health. We spent one third of our lives sleeping. Sleep affects how we look, feel and perform on a daily basis. Getting the right mattress is important for quality sleep. Not only do we need enough amount of daily sleep, having a more relax and sound sleep is even more important.
Sleep deficiency is linked to an increased risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and stroke. You will feel discomfort, fatigue and easily agitated if you do not have a good night sleep. Your alertness and concentration level will be greatly reduced.
People with Alzheimer’s and dementia have problems sleeping well or increases in behavioural problems that usually begin in the morning and continues in the night. Sleep pattern changes is a result from the impact of Alzheimer’s on the brain. This disruption in the body’s sleep-wake cycle can lead to more behavioural problems.
The Importance Of Balancing Positive And Negative Ions
An Ion is an invisible particle which has electric charge. The air around us is filled with electrically charged particles. Positively or Negatively charged and they are called Ions.
Both Positive and Negative Ions are found naturally in the air. However, due to advanced modern technology, the environment we live in today has far more sources of Positive Ions than in the past. This creates an electrical imbalance in the air and our bodies.
The air around us are filled with positive particles. Positive Ions can be produced by commonly usage of handphones, laptops, ipads, radios, transmitters, switching on of televisions, heating and cooling systems. These can damage our body cells and deteriorates our overall physical health.
Ocean surf, sea waves, waterfalls, water and plants generate natural Negative Ions which are beneficial to our health. There are also certain minerals that emit Negative Ions for example Tourmaline and Germanium.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Far Infrared And Negative Ions?
Watch this video which explains what are the health benefits of Far Infrared and Negative Ions have on our human body.
Studies have shown that Negative Ions can have health benefits:
- enhance our body immune system
- can reduced stress and control our emotions
- increased alertness and concentration
- reduce susceptibility to colds and flu
- relief migraine headaches and fever
- reduce the severity of asthma attacks
- improves cognitive functions
- slows down dementia progression
Sleeping On Far Infrared And Negative Ion Mattress
Sleeping on Far Infrared and Negative Ion mattress is a home use therapy apparatus with the combination of electric potential and thermal function. The mattress emits Negative Ions and Far Infra-red Rays to our body when we sleep on it.
The skin will absorb the Negative Ions emitted by the mattress, thereby improving your respiratory efficiency and rebalance the pH level. It improves your circulation and air quality surrounding you.
Far Infrared Rays is capable of penetrating deep into our body, where they gently elevate the body’s surface temperature, expands capillaries, resulting in better blood flows.
Shield Life TheraMat Mattress Pad – your solution to quality sleep
Review Price: $369.00 (retail)
Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon.com
Size of mattress: Queen (also available in different sizes)
Construction: Hand crafted in Korea
Shield Life TheraMat Mattress Pad Review
- The Shield Life TheraMat Mattress Pad is a cozy mattress topper that provides warmth, comfort and safety. The TheraMat comes in Twin, Full, Queen and King-size. Dual climate control is available for the Queen- and King-size TheraMats. The TheraMat is constructed with 5 layers of comfort and technology including a soft, anti-microbial, water-resistant polyester top layer.
- Electromagnetic Field (EMF) Shielding Technology eliminates up to 99% of harmful EMFs, while ordinary electric blankets generate large amounts of sustained EMFs. Shield Life’s patented EMF Shielding technology allows for a maintained and rejuvenating night’s rest.
- Far Infrared (FIR) Heat and Negative Ions generated by the TheraMat maximize comfort. Through absorption of FIR heat, muscle tissue is safely and gently stimulated to bring you to a new level of wellness. While conventional space heaters can evaporate ambient moisture, dehydrating your body and drying out your skin, the TheraMat offers 9 levels of FIR heat that warm only desired areas.
- Rest Assured knowing that you can save on winter heating bills and be able to reduce your carbon footprint. The TheraMat Mattress is hand-crafted in Korea with the finest materials and most advanced components. Continuous heat sensing technology and an automatic 10-hour shut off period ensure the ultimate in sustained and comfortable sleep.
Sure it’s an Expensive Mattress Pad,
But the Health Benefits are Real!
If you have any thoughts on sleep to share, please feel free to leave your comments below. I love to hear from you.